1.6 Delay Announcement for 1.17 + 1.18
Posted by CDAGaming
- C1.6 Delay Announcement for 1.17 + 1.18 Good evening @everyone! While 1.6 as a whole is nearly ready to go, we have made the decision as a team to delay the 1.6 release up until Friday at the least. (With this eta subject to further delay based on if more time is deemed necessary) At this time, some last minute issues were discovered in addition to the aforementioned cascading world-gen blocker issue, as well as some last-minute features and accessibility adjustments that we'd like to polish up on before releasing (In order to avoid commenting stuff like that). From me personally, I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the prior eta announcement (As in the backend, I had wanted a Monday eta but did not properly consult the rest of the team on this nor gave an ample amount of time for us to prepare it fully), as it did have subsequent effects on the team for such a short-term eta. While Friday should turn out to be a better eta for 1.6, it may very well change if the team as a whole feels it needed to do so. I'm more so used to working alone on most stuff, so I do indeed deeply apologize to all of you (and the team) for such an eta. It won't happen again 🙂 As for 1.18, while originally the intent was for a day-one port, further investigation has proved that this will be an immense strain to undertake and will very much likely take much longer due to the changes Mojang has released (Thus it is an unrealistic and nigh-improbable goal to achieve), in addition for the team and I to unwind and be able to focus on stabilize the 1.6.x pipeline before moving any further. A new 1.18 ETA will be given once the team feels it is ready to do so(edited)
- 👍12
- 👌7
4- 😅3
- ❤️2